Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets
This medication is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold, flu). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
How to use Cefpodoxime PROXETIL
- Take this medication by mouth, usually every 12 hours or as directed by your doctor.
- If you are using the tablet form of this medication, take it with food to help increase the absorption of the drug.
- If you are using the suspension form of this medication, take it with or without food. Shake the bottle well before each dose.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. In children, the dose is also based on weight.
- For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times. To help you remember, take this medication at the same time(s) every day.
- Continue to take this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may result in a return of the infection.
Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.